Recent Cleaning Posts
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry-leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high-frequency touchpoints, foot traffic, and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff performs. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for the cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Dartmouth / New Bedford today at (508)999-2380 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision-makers on the first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Carpet Cleanings – There’s more than meets the Eye!
What's in your Carpet?
When is it a good time to get your home or business carpets cleaned? You might be surprised by the answer. Carpet cleanings rely heavily on a number of factors, whereas there are a variety of different cleaning methods used that are not always one size fits all.
Before getting started, we’ll want to identify a few key factors about your carpet or area rug. This will help us decide which method to use when cleaning, in order to give you the best possible outcome for your carpet or rug.
- What kind of material is your carpet made from?
- Is your carpet short piled or long piled?
- What type of traffic does your carpet see on a daily basis?
- How soiled is your carpet? Light, moderate, heavy?
- What is the colorfastness of your carpet?
- When was the last time you had your carpets professionally cleaned, if ever, and by which method(s)?
After assessing these factors, our team will then decide on the proper procedures necessary for your carpet cleaning. These methods range from bonnet cleaning, to truck mounted extraction, to deluxe precondition & rinse, to showcase premier cleaning, and even dry cleaning.
Preventative maintenance is also an important aspect in preserving the life of a carpet, and professional cleaning is recommended once every 12 months. It is important to remember that carpeting acts as a filter; trapping food particles, dirt, gases and other soils like animal hair and dead skin cells. The better care you take of your carpet, the better it will age! If a high-traffic area is carpeted, we suggest that walk-off mats be laid down so as to not wear out the rug. Spot removal, regular vacuuming and changes in traffic patterns are also recommended as a preventative measure.
For all other carpet cleaning questions, or to set up a free consultation for the carpet in your home or business contact us at (508) 999-2380.
Team Member Tuesday - Matt
Production Technician, Matt
Meet Our Team!
Matt is a Production Technician with SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford South and has six months experience working in the world of cleanup & restoration. Matt is extremely knowledgeable in this line of work thanks to his past, and has shown himself to be a great addition to our SERVPRO family. His experience includes HVAC installation & maintenance, which he attended Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School for, and learned how to install, repair, replace and maintain HVAC systems for homes and businesses in a range of building types. This skill has allowed him to work in a variety of settings and assist our customers with any questions or concerns they may have about their own system.
Outside of work, Matt enjoys spending time with his two daughters and fiancée, as well as fishing, camping, going to the beach and watching & playing sports such as baseball, basketball and football. A fun fact about Matt is he lived in Las Vegas for five years! Matt’s favorite part about working for SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford South is tackling a new challenge every day and to the best of his ability, to ensure our customers disasters were handled in a way that makes them “Like it never even happened.”
HVAC and Asthma - Westport, 02721
Dust mites, mold, cockroaches & pests, secondhand smoke and pet fur & dandruff... what do these all have in common? They are airway irritants, commonly found in the home, and are responsible for triggering 80% of all asthma attacks. Asthma, which is a chronic infection of the lungs that causes difficulty in breathing and inflammation & narrowing of the air passages, effects 25 million people, or 8% of the population, in the U.S. alone.
Poor indoor air quality is often the biggest culprit in triggering an asthma attack. Having your air ducts and HVAC systems routinely cleaned of dust, pollen, odors, dirt & debris, and other contaminants is an effective way of neutralizing asthma related irritants.
On this World Asthma Day, we encourage you to look into the variety of services we offer to help remedy your long term exposure to these allergens.
To see a full list of services offered, click here.
Even Angel Hair Hurts- Dartmouth, MA 02747
Holiday safety is an issue that burns brightest from late November to mid-January, when families gather, parties are scheduled and travel spikes. Take some precautions to ensure your family remains safe and injury-free throughout the season.
Putting up decorations is one of the best ways to get in the holiday spirit, but about 15,000 injuries involving holiday decorating were seen in emergency rooms during the 2012 season.
- "Angel hair," is made from spun glass and can irritate your eyes and skin; always wear protective gloves or better-yet substitute with non-flammable cotton.
- Decorating with artificial snow spray can irritate your lungs if inhaled; follow directions carefully.
- Decorate the tree with your kids in mind; move ornaments that are breakable or have metal hooks toward the top.
- Always use the proper step ladder; don't stand on chairs or other furniture.
- Lights are among the best parts of holiday decorating; make sure there are no exposed or frayed wires, loose connections or broken sockets.
- Plants can spruce up your holiday decorating, but keep in mind those that may be poisonous (including some Poinsettias) should be out of reach of children or pets; the National Poison Control Center can be reached at (800)222-1222
- Make sure walkways are clear so no one trips on wrapping paper, decorations, toys, etc.; NSC provides tips for older adults on slip, trip and fall protection
This article's information was provided by The National Safety Council website. We here at SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford share this information in an effort to help our friends & neighbors have a safer & happier holiday season!!
Importance of carpet cleaning- Seekonk, MA 02771
Tip: The average cost of new carpet & pad is $30-$40 per square yard, plus installation. Our average cost to clean & restore is about 35 cents/sq
Why is it important to shampoo your carpets periodically? Accumulated dirt, when left untreated, can lead to limiting the life of your carpet. If routine cleanings of the carpet are not performed dust mites and bacteria can cause health hazards. Staining is more likely to become permanent. Timely deep-cleaning is crucial to the ability to remove the stain before the soils fall deeper into carpet fibers and dries. Unsightly dirt buildup and stains in your business can have a negative impact of customers, leading them to subconsciously associate your business as being neglectful, unorganized and potentially not the right company for them to do business with.
According to Home Advisor, the average cost of new carpet & pad is $30-$40 per square yard, plus installation. Our average cost to clean & restore your existing carpets is about 35 cents/sq.ft. Imagine the savings, of prolonging the look and cleanliness with a carpet cleaning, compared to replacement costs.
At SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford We have specially formulated cleaning products developed by our scientists/chemists. If there is any stain we have not encountered we have access to the expertise of those who formulated our cleaning products for advice. All of our carpet cleaning technicians are IICRC trained and certified.
Call SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford today for your free carpet cleaning estimate! (508)999-2380
Why Shampoo your Carpets? New Bedford, MA 02744
Accumulated dirt, when left untreated, can lead the limiting the life of your carpet. If routine cleanings of the carpet are not performed dust mites and bacteria can cause health hazards and staining is more likely to become permanent. Timely deep-cleaning is crucial to the ability to remove the stain before they fall deeper into carpet fibers and dries. Unsightly dirt buildup and stains in your business can have a negative impact of customers, leading them to subconsciously associate your business as being neglectful, unorganized and potentially not the right company for them to do business with.
At SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford we have specially formulated cleaning products developed by our scientists/chemists. If there is any stain we have not previously encountered, we have access to the scientists who formulated our cleaning products' expertise for advice. All of our carpet cleaning technicians are IICRC trained and certified.
Learn more about ways to extend the life of your carpets here or call SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford today for your free carpet cleaning estimate!
MRSA. What is it? Dartmouth, MA 027474
MRSA or Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus is responsible for several different difficult to treat infections in humans. MRSA, although originating from a hospital-acquired infection, is now also prevalent in prisons, nursing homes and setting where there are open wounds, catheters and other invasive devices. It has since spread from hospital only settings to be more community-acquired as well as livestock-acquired.
To limit the spread of any infections the patients are usually isolated and proper decontamination of all surroundings is vital. MRSA and similar infectious diseases are very easily spread. It takes highly trained professionals with the proper personal protective equipment (PPE), chemicals and equipment to properly contain and sanitize affected areas. If improper sanitization is performed it can quickly lead to an endemic situation affecting all who come in contact with the infected materials that are thought to be clean.
At SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford we are fully certified, experienced and equipped to handle highly sensitive, highly contagious biohazard contaminations. For more information please contact us at (508)946-2397
Why Clean Your Carpets Before Winter? New Bedford, MA 02740
Tip: Hire a company with state-of-the-art equipment and IICRC certified technicians to properly clean & sanitize your carpets.
At SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford we often hear people want to wait until after the winter is over to wash their carpets. Winter in New England is known for it's bitter cold and heavy precipitation. Why clean your carpets when mud, snow and rock-salt are bound to end up tracked into your home the next few months?!
Carpet cleaning- when done correctly will make the air in your home cleaner. All that dust, dander, and bacteria that we see settles on the bookcase, only a few days after dusting, imagine how much settles into the carpet fibers. Vacuuming helps but carpet cleaning equipment is much more powerful and thorough; washing your carpets fibers clean. The longer the carpet isn't washed the more debris packs into fibers which can cause cuts and frays of the fabric and permanent change in coloring due to the way the sun hits the now damaged fibers. In the winter we are inside much more, we have guests more often due to the holidays and having more indoor events.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on taking proper actions between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the
For more information or to schedule your Free Estimate call SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford at (508)999-2380
What's a Puffback?
Are you Maintaining Your Furnace? You may be at risk for a Puff Back!
Winter is most definitely here. If you have been holding out on turning your heat on you will most likely be forced to do it sooner than later. And if you haven’t maintained your furnace properly, you may be in for quite a mess when you turn that thermostat. That’s right, I’m referring to a furnace “puff back” that will cause your house to be covered in soot and smoke.
What Causes a Furnace Puff Back?
It’s basically a misfiring in the furnace that causes a puff back that will essentially send soot and smoke into every crevice of your home. Basically if there is a delay in the oil burner immediately igniting, and oil fumes are allowed to build up before it ignites, a small explosion can occur – just like the backfiring of a car. Furnace puff backs can also stem from a buildup of debris in your furnace that creates an explosion when the furnace is ignited. In both situations, the explosion will cause debris to shoot through the furnace's entire exhaust system and into your home. For buildings with a forced hot air system, the damage can be a lot more extensive since the air ducts will help spread the soot easily throughout your home. In addition to the damage caused to your home by a puff back, it's also a sign of a problem in your heating system that will need to be repaired to prevent any further misfiring of your furnace.
What to Do and Not to Do:
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or surface yourself
- Don't turn on your ceiling fans, windows, doors, etc. It will increase air circulation that will spread the soot around even more.
- After a puff back occurs, try not to move around a lot. This will help prevent soot from getting embedded into the carpeting, upholstery, etc.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. This may cause the smoke odor to set into the material.
- The good news is that most puff back cleanups are covered by insurance
- Make sure a repairman is hired to repair the malfunctioning furnace
- Furnace puff backs will require professionals to restore your home so you’ll need to call SERVPRO of Marion/Middleboro at 508-946-2397
- Keep your hands clean so as not to further spoil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linen on rugs, upholstery, and carpets
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
- Throw away all exposed food
By calling us at SERVPRO of Marion/Middleboro you are ensuring that your property in the event of a furnace puff back is taken care of with the utmost of care. Our crews have been highly trained in smoke and fire damage. And we have the equipment and training to quickly turn your house into a home again. We're not only faster to any size disaster you have our word that we will make it…. (you guessed it) “Like it never even happened”!
Carpets & Upholstery Cleaning
Protect your investment by calling us to clean and maintain your carpet and upholstery.
Even the highest-quality carpet and upholstery can show soiling over time. Protect your investment by calling us to clean and maintain your carpet and upholstery. The SERVPRO System offers a number of cleaning options to match any type of upholstery or carpet.
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning?
Contact us Today!
We also offer a range of specialized cleaning methods:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.
Preventative maintenance actions include:
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet
Air Ducts & HVAC Cleaning
Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality.
Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. Make it a priority to inspect the ductwork of your home or business.
If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating one or more of the following:
- Dirt and debris
- Other contaminants
SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford & SERVPRO Marion/Middleboro Professionals routinely inspect the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping them clean can extend the life of the equipment. This can in turn save you money and give you cleaner air to breathe.
However, duct cleaning is not always necessary. We will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
The benefits of servicing your HVAC unit include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
For more information on HVAC and air duct cleaning, contact us today!
Residential Cleaning Services
SERVPRO'S Residential Cleaning Services
How familiar are you with SERVPRO? How about a little reminder about what we can do for you and your family? Did you know that with over 1,700 Franchises in the U.S. and Canada, SERVPRO is a trusted leader in the restoration industry and is dedicated to providing quality service.
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, we have highly trained technicians that are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have the training and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs.
Our highly trained technicians respond quickly, whether you need water damage restoration or simply need your upholstery cleaned. You can depend on us for these residential services and more:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Services
- Building Services
Carpet Cleaning at its finest!
Check out the 'dirt' line comparing the dirty and dull portion of carpet to the clean and vibrant portion. (Picture curtesy of Jordin)
Dirty carpets??? Ohh yes, we do that!
Check out the 'dirt' line comparing the dirty and dull portion of carpet to the clean and vibrant portion. (Picture curtesy of our carpet cleaning guru Jordin.)
Carpet cleaning is an important routine that you don't want to miss. Dirt hides in the deepest fiber of the materials and is an important contributor in the shelf life of your investment. Because constant changing of your carpet is expensive, you have to take care of it to save money. It is important to keep it clean at all times.
With over 1,700 Franchises in the U.S. and Canada, SERVPRO is a trusted leader in the restoration industry and is dedicated to providing quality service. Our highly trained technicians respond quickly, whether you need water damage restoration or simply need your upholstery cleaned. You can depend on SERVPRO for all of your needs, whether it be water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, mold remediation, storm damage restoration, cleaning services, the list goes on…